Alexander Robey is a Clinical Hypnotherapist and Psychotherapist with over 5000 hours clinical experience. Alexander holds a current Australian Private Health Provider Number. Alexander conducts sessions at several locations throughout Brisbane:
- Brisbane Northside: 15 South Pine Road Alderely
- Brisbane Southside: 481 Old Cleveland Road Camp Hill
- Also: Brisbane City, Yeronga and Currumbin on the Gold Coast
Please phone 0421 350 094 to enquire or book an appointment. Alexander Robey is a recognised International Speaker and Workshop Facilitator with over 20 years’ experience working with professionals in various sectors and individuals throughout Australia, Asia and in Europe. Alexander Robey is a recognised adventurer and was one of the first kayakers to kayak Bass Strait unsupported, has climbed and filmed in the Himalayas, guided a team up Denali, and a range of noteworthy hiking, climbing and kayaking trips throughout the world. Alexander Robey has many audio and written publications to his name and is a recognised published author. Alexander writes compelling non-fiction narratives, interesting wellness articles and published academic articles. He has professionally recorded 25 cd’s is a range of professional health practise techniques, mindfulness and meditation. Alexander Robey welcomes you to Assert Development, established in 2003.
About Alexander Robey
Alexander Robey is a Clinical Hypnotherapist, Nationally Certified Mediator, trained Family Law Mediator and Psychotherapist with over 5000 hours clinical experience. Alexander holds a current Australian Private Health Provider Number. He has worked as a full time registered mental health professional since 2003. Alexander’s expertise has assisted people from diverse demographics backgrounds and personal capabilities; top athletes and high profile executives, to long term unemployed and fringe dwellers. Alexander Robey is a recognised International Speaker and Workshop Facilitator with over 20 years’ experience working with professionals in various sectors and individuals throughout Australia, Asia and in Europe. Alexander’s professional capabilities range from training health care professionals, facilitators, running wellness workshops, emotional intelligence programs and rehabilitation intensives. Alexander runs meditation and mindfulness with children and adults, adventure presentations and relaxed metaphoric storytelling. As an Adventurer, Alexander Robey was one of the first kayakers to kayak Bass Strait unsupported, has climbed and filmed in the Himalayas, guided a team up Denali, the highest mountain in North America (Alaska), climbed and hiked throughout Europe including the Matterhorn, and a range of noteworthy hiking, climbing and kayaking trips throughout Australia and New Zealand. Alexander Robey has many audio and written publications to his name and is a recognised published author. Alexander writes compelling non-fiction narratives, interesting wellness articles, and published academic articles.
- Masters Juris Prudence (partially completed)
- PGD Law
- PGD Psychology
- GD Psychology
- B Business
- Family Dispute Resolution Certification
- Mediation Certification and National Registration
- Clinical Hypnotherapy Certifications
- Trainer of NLP
- For further information on over a dozen other diplomas and certifications, please contact Alexander directly.
- Current Positive Notice Blue Card (to work with Children)
- Associate Member Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Clinical Member Australian Hypnotherapists Association (AHA)
- Member Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators (IAMA)
- Current Approved Australian Private Health Provider Number
- Qld Writers Club
- Men’s Wellbeing Association
- Women’s Wellbeing Association
- Relaxation Centre of Qld
Since 2003, Alexander:
- Ran a wide range of wellness programs and workshops, ranging from 3 hours to weekend courses for general public audiences
- Presented engaging key note presentations and corporate training in emotional intelligence, wellness, and professional development for varying industry sectors and professionals
- Presented academic presentations based on academic papers; including economic conferences on the psychological impacts of employment, mediation and arbitration conferences relating to mediation factors; and at cognition conferences on the psychological considerations specific to the audience.
- Ran professional training for health care workers and professionals; including and not limited to case management training, professional practice, domestic and family violence, suicide risk assessment for facilitators, certification training in linguistics and therapy both within Australia and Asia, and ongoing professional development for practitioners.
- Alexander ran a range of vocational/ psychosocial programs and interventions to assist long term unemployed and the achievement of new industry benchmarks with rehabilitation;
- Including 4 week intensive intervention programs,
- 3 and 5 day intensives,
- 13 week post – employment placement coaching programs which bridged challenges to industry/ job services providers and previously unemployed clients;
- programs to assist highly disadvantaged long term unemployed re-engage and gain employment;
- specialty programs including sole parent (women), numeracy and literacy, men’s groups, cultural groups, and re-entry to training programs.
Alexander managed a team of therapists and facilitators to implement programs and 1 on 1 services. Alexander also ran a variety of 1 on 1 therapeutic and career sessions. These sessions addressed domestic violence in all its forms with both women, men and elderly, vocational issues, legal issues, family law disputes, drug and alcohol dependency, psychological concerns, cultural, lifestyle and psychosocial challenges.
- Alexander worked briefly in case management with the rehabilitation of medically discharged military persons, coordinating medical, psychological, vocational and social treatments within the constraints of the DVA.
- A contract in 2013 at the University of Qld in both the career and mental health teams to deliver workshops, motivational presentations, 1 on 1 services, and the development of therapy programs.
Throughout this time Alexander also run a private practise working with couples, adults of both genders, and children with learning, behavioural and split family unit challenges. This also includes peak performance coaching with top athletes and high level executives, performance training for mid-tier individuals, family law and relationship challenges, habit changes and psychological challenges including anxiety, low mood, limiting self-beliefs, hoarding interventions and other persona challenges.